This recipe is healthy, quick and inexpensive. You can make these treats as big or small as you like, so they work as a tasty snack or small training treat.
What you'll need:
1 x 200g of tinned tuna in oil (you can also use salmon or mashed sardines)
150g of flour (plain or wholemeal)
1 beaten egg
Finely chopped parsley or dried herbs (optional)
How to make them:
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C
2. Place the tinned fish into a bowl and break it up with a fork
3. Add the egg and stir to combine
4. Mix in the flour and optional herbs to create a thick dough
5. Roll out the dough so it is around 1-2cm thick and cut into small squares, or use a metal cut out (I'm rather fond of a bone shaped one)
6. Place the cut outs onto a baking tray with a baking sheet underneath and put it in the oven
7. The treats should take around 20 minutes to cook - keep an eye on them and take them out when they are a light golden brown and cooked all the way through, then allow them to cool
These treats can be fed right away to your favourite canine pal, stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, or put in the freezer for later.